Tesla Model Y Car Covers: Protecting Your New Electric Car
It's no surprise why the Tesla Model Y has become increasingly popular. With its sports car-like performance, practicality, and 5-star safety rating more and more families are opting for this new electric vehicle. While a majority of people are using the Model Y as their daily driver, many owners own multiple cars and are having their Model Y sit for a while. This article is geared towards them. In this article, we are looking at the best Tesla Model Y Car Cover to keep your vehicle looking and running new.
Why Should You Cover Your Model Y?
Whether you store your Tesla outside or in your garage, a nice cover will keep your vehicle exactly the way it was when you put your cover on. Storing a vehicle without a cover is the easiest way for dust and debris to build up. It also is the quickest way to get sun damage if you're storing your vehicle outside.
The main benefits of using a high-quality cover on your Model Y are:
- Protection from the elements. A good cover protects your vehicle from allowing the elements or damage your vehicle. From rain and sun to strong winds and hail your car will be protected without worry.
- Protection from Erosion. Covering your vehicle while it's in your garage is a great way to minimize the chance of rust and mildew. A good cover will help prevent moisture from penetrating your vehicle and causing serious long-term issues.
- Temperature control. A high-quality cover whether indoor or outdoor will help keep your vehicle from getting too warm or too cold. This is especially important with electric cars, as batteries can be sensitive to temperatures.
- Deter thieves. Having your car covered up makes it that much harder for a thief to target your car. Not knowing if your vehicle is new or old, in good shape, or on its way out, will help prevent your vehicle from being targeted.
Choosing what Cover is Right for You
Choosing a cover should be easy. Instead of getting lost reading each description, answer these questions.
- Where will you store your Tesla?
- Indoors or Outdoors
- How long will you be storing your vehicle?
- Weeks, Months, or Years at a time
- Will you regularly be soring your vehicle?
- Do you need a cover that will last years and have a warranty?
- What climate do you live in?
- Is it very wet, dry, or sunny?
- Will you be putting this cover on another car when not using it on your Tesla?
Once you answer these questions the right cover for your Tesla Model Y should be easy to find.
If you store or plan on storing your Tesla in a garage that is not overly humid, the Black Satin Shield Cover will be a perfect cover for your vehicle. This cover comes with a 10-year warranty, and a storage bag, and is guaranteed to fit your Model Y. It is made of a soft satin-like material ensuring your vehicle is never at risk of scratches. We would advise against this cover if you plan on storing your Tesla outside, as it is made more for dust and erosion prevention than it is for keeping away the elements.
If you're looking for the best cover for your Model Y that you can use indoors and outdoor, then without a doubt it is the Platinum Shield SUV Cover. Coming with a LIFETIME warranty if you want to keep your Model Y pristine for the entirety of its life, this is the cover for you. Equipped with a UV-reflective-silver material that prevents sun damage and keeps your vehicle cool. The reflective material also keeps water off by shedding the water as soon as it hits the cover. This keeps your vehicle dry and prevents mold and mildew. The interior of the cover is made from fleece ensuring your vehicle's exterior is kept scratch-free. If you are only going to use this cover for indoor use it will be overkill, but if you think you may need to keep your vehicle outdoors at times, this is the absolute gold standard of car cover vehicle protection.
If you are looking for a cover you can use indoors and outdoors that won't break the bank, the Delux Shield SUV Cover is a perfect choice. Coming with a 5-year warranty and full protection from the elements, you will certainly get your money's worth with this cover. This cover will keep your Tesla dry even in the wettest climates and will help prevent UV damage with its UV-treated outer layer. While the warranty isn't fr a lifetime, if you are on a budget, you will be very pleased with the performance of the Deluxe Shield cover.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tesla Model Y Car Covers
Can I store my Tesla Model in a garage with the car cover on?
Tesla Model car covers can be used indoors or outdoors. If you store your Tesla Model 3 in a garage, make sure the area is clean and dry before covering your car.
How often should I clean my Tesla Model Y car cover?
The simple answer is you should clean your cover whenever it becomes dirty. If you store your vehicle outside, it's best to wipe down the fabric with a damp cloth once every few weeks. Doing this will help prevent damage to the cover itself.
Where should I store the cover when I'm not using it?
Many of our covers come with free storage bags. We recommend wiping down the cover, letting it dry, and then storing it in the bag in a cool dry place. This will keep your cover in excellent condition for years to come.
Is there a difference between car covers for different Tesla models?
Yes, each Tesla has a different body shape and size. Make sure you order the cover for your specific model. This will ensure a snug fit around your vehicle and ensure you are maximizing your vehicle's protection.
Where to buy a cover for my Tesla Model Y?
We may be biased, but we certainly recommend CarCovers.com. With years of experience, great warranties, and excellent customer service, you can be confident that you are getting the best value for your money.
If you have any questions about what cover is right for your Tesla or any vehicle for that matter. Please give us a call at 1-800-385-3603 and we will be happy to get you all set up!