Car Cover Care Video
Before Installing A Car CoverPrior to installing a vehicle cover, the best practice is to clean your vehicle first. This will ensure your car cover remains clean and dirt free as long as possible. Over time car covers will get dirty and should be cleaned regularly to ensure you get the longest possible life out of your car cover.
Cleaning a Car CoverCleaning your car cover is essential to ensure its longevity and continued protection for your vehicle. Here are some tips on how to properly clean your car cover, depending on the type of cover you have.
Machine Washing Car Covers
The CarCovers.com covers are machine-washable.
- You should use always use a delicate cycle and a front-loading commercial washing machine.
- Use cold water only.
- Use the recommended amount of a delicate laundry detergents powder such as woolite or ¼ cup of Simple Green diluted in 1 cup of water.
- ALWAYS use the gentle or delicate cycle.
- Run the rinse cycle at least twice.
- Only use a front-load washing machine. Never use a top-load washing machine with a center agitator as it could rip the cover.
Drying Your Car Cover
NEVER Machine dry your car cover as it can shrink or ruin the fabric. It is best to hang and air dry your car cover. Cleaning Other Brands Of Car Covers
If you’re not using a CarCovers.com cover, refer to the care instructions for the specific brand.
Hand Wash Instructions For Car Covers
For non-machine washable covers, use a simple handwashing process: stretch the cover tight over the vehicle and spray it with a hose, scrub with mild detergent and a sponge, rinse and hang to dry.
To clean the inside of the cover, install the cover inside out on the vehicle and hand wash, scrubbing with a mild detergent and sponge. Rinse and hang to dry.
Cleaning Car Cover DONTS:
- Avoid dry cleaning as it can ruin the fabric.
- Avoid using fabric softener as it weakens the water resistance.
- Avoid using hot water.
- Avoid anything except delicate cycle.
- Avoid using a top-loading washing machine with a center agitator.
- Avoid using harsh cleaning agents like bleach.
Always check your fabric care guide for the best results.
At CarCovers.com, we prioritize customer service and high-quality protection for your vehicle. If you have any questions about your car cover or are interested in purchasing one, please feel free to contact us.