Guide To Installing A Car CoverCar Cover Installation Guide Video
Installation Steps For A Car CoverInstalling a car cover is a simple process that can help protect your vehicle from the elements and potential theft. Here is a guide on how to properly install a car cover, including instructions for adding a cable and lock for anti-theft and using Gust Straps for high wind areas.
- After taking the car cover out of the box, unfold it on the ground and find the front tag.
- Begin to lay the car cover over the top of your vehicle, starting at the front or rear of the vehicle. Ensure you align the front tag to the front of the vehicle. Some covers also include a back tag you will want to align to the back of the vehicle.
- If you have a small shark fin antenna, you won't need to do any modification to the cover. If you have a whip or wire antenna, the easiest way is to unscrew the antenna prior to installing the cover fully. If your antenna can not be unscrewed and removed, we include a free antenna patch kit. Below is a video for installing the antenna patch kit.
- Adjust the cover as needed on both ends to ensure the entire vehicle is covered.
- For Anti-Theft, install our cable and lock system. The cable and lock are included for free with our Platinum Shield outdoor car cover. Below is a video for installing the cable and lock system.
- For high wind areas, we highly recommend you install our Gust Strap - High Wind Straps. Below is a video for installing the gust straps.
Car Cover Cable And Lock Installation Video
Car Cover High Wind Strap - Gust Strap Video
Removing A Car Cover - A Guide To Cover RemovalRemoving your car cover is a simple process that can be completed in a few steps. Here is a guide to help you through the process:
- Begin by releasing any straps or ties that are located at the front of the car cover. Make sure to remove any straps or cable lock straps.
- Carefully remove the car cover from the vehicle. Make sure to take the car cover off gently, and avoid dragging it over the vehicle. If you notice that the car cover is stuck in any areas, gently work it free. It's generally easiest to begin at the front of the vehicle and slowly roll up the cover towards the back of the vehicle.
- Once the car cover is off the vehicle, fold it neatly and store it in the free included storage bag in a dry and cool place.
- If the cover is wet, we recommend allowing it to air dry prior to covering the vehicle again
- Your car cover is now removed. Remember to always check the weather before removing your car cover, as it is best to remove it when it is dry. Additionally, make sure you store it in a place where it will be protected from the elements, such as sunlight, rain, and snow. This will help prolong the life of your car cover.